Are you moving to an apartment in Brooklyn? Whether you’re downsizing, just starting out, or relocating for another reason, self-storage can make the transition to your new pad much easier – especially if your new apartment is tight on space. Storage can provide a clean, convenient, and safe place to store the things that matter so that you can enjoy apartment life without the stress and clutter.
In this guide, we’ll break down what you need to know about finding storage in Brooklyn, including:
- The best storage location
- What sized unit to get
- Must-have features to look for
- Questions to ask before moving in
Continue reading to discover expert insights on these helpful storage topics to ensure a smooth move into your new Brooklyn apartment.
The best storage location
The first thing to consider when looking for storage in Brooklyn is the location. Whether you’re landing in an apartment in trendy Bushwick, historic Bed-Stuy, or another Brooklyn neighborhood, ensure that the facility is conveniently situated near your apartment, making it easier to access your stuff whenever you need it.
Occupying an entire block of Bushwick Avenue, our conveniently located Brooklyn storage facility is a three-story building featuring more than 1,000 storage units within minutes of wherever you are.
What sized unit to get
Storage facilities with various sized units can help ensure that you only pay for the space you need. Our handy storage unit size guide is an excellent reference for determining which sized unit can best house the items that you won’t be taking along to your new apartment. In addition, this guide will give you an idea about how much you can hold in each of our Brooklyn storage units.
- Small – 50 square feet
- Medium – 100 square feet
- Large – 150 square feet
- Extra-large – 200 square feet
For more insights on finding the right sized storage unit for you, check out our blog.
Must-have features to look for
Before committing to a Brooklyn storage facility, ensure that it offers everything you need – and more. A few of the most desirable features to look for include:
- Flexible lease terms
- Extended hours
- Affordable rates
- High-tech security
- Ample lighting
- A commitment to cleanliness
- Climate control
Beyond these features, we decided to kick it up a notch at our Brooklyn location, providing access to practical moving supplies.
6 Questions to ask before moving in
Before you move into a Brooklyn storage unit, brush up on these savvy questions to ask about any facility that you’re considering:
- What are the payment options? The more, flexible the better.
- Do you offer indoor drive-up storage? These units let you pull up to your storage without being exposed to the outdoor elements.
- How many days per week are you open? Seven days a week is a plus!
- Do you prioritize cleanliness and safety? This one is obvious – the answer should be yes, and yes.
- Do you offer any extras? For us, we love our customers to visit us in our state-of-the-art lobby for a complimentary cup of coffee. We also play ambient music to make it more enjoyable for you to visit.
- Do you require a security deposit? The best answer here is no.
Browse more helpful FAQs for new tenants on our website.
Since we opened our Brooklyn storage location in 2019, apartment hunters from across the region have discovered why we’ve coined our facility ‘your happy space.’ From our extraordinary commitment to a sparkling clean facility to our ultra-modern facility equipped with the latest security technologies, we’re the premier choice for apartment storage in Brooklyn and at our sister locations in Bayonne and Jersey City. To learn more, call or visit us today.