Spring is in the air! Now is the perfect time to refresh your home or office environment. According to a survey by the American Cleaning Institute, 91% of Americans and 96% of Millennials take on the seasonal task of spring cleaning. Most respondents reported participating in this centuries-old tradition because they want a thorough cleaning and less clutter that can make an environment feel cramped. If you’re looking to take back your space, spring into action with our helpful storage tips – and make room for awesome.
Before we dive into our storage tips, let’s cover a couple of types of storage that you may want to consider for your spring-cleaning project.
Types of spring-cleaning storage
Besides deep cleaning, decluttering and organization are central to a thorough spring-cleaning process. There are two primary types of storage to consider when you want to find a new home for your extra belongings:
- Home storage solutionsHome storage solutions is a broad category of space-saving products for your home or office, covering everything from bins, baskets, containers, closet shelving, hanging organizers, and more. These items are most helpful for smaller items you use regularly and want to keep on your property. But what should you do with those large, bulky, seasonal, or other items that cannot fit in traditional home storage solutions? You guessed it: self-storage.
- Storage unitThe solution for creating a more spacious home or work environment is to store extra items in a self-storage unit. This easy and affordable type of spring-cleaning storage helps you hang onto your belongings – while also taking back your space at the same time. It’s a win-win on a noble quest to make room for awesome.
Next, let’s explore a few storage tips to ensure your unit works for you.
5 Self-storage tips for spring cleaning
When you’re finished spring cleaning, and you’re ready to move your extra belongings into a self-storage facility, practice the following tips to keep your unit organized and items secure.
- Label your boxes and bins, so you know what’s in each one.
- Pack items you plan to access frequently in the front of your storage unit.
- Wrap fragile items in packing paper or bubble wrap and place them in a safe place inside your unit.
- Protect furniture with blankets or moving pads to prevent scratches or other damage.
- Use a climate-controlled storage unit for sensitive or sentimental items, such as appliances, artwork, collectibles, electronics, musical instruments, and photographs.
Peace, love & storage: What to look for in a self-storage facility
Before committing to a storage unit, be sure the facility you choose cares as much about you and your belongings as you do.
Look for a self-storage facility that:
- Is clean and welcoming
- Takes safety and security seriously
- Offers affordable rates and flexible rental terms
- Has easy-to-access locations and units, such as drive-up for easy drop-off or pick-up
- Offers climate-controlled storage options for sensitive and sentimental items
- Has friendly professionals on-site, ready to help
When it comes to spring cleaning – or anytime – storage, find your happy space with us. Our bright and modern self-storage facilities conveniently situated in Bayonne, Jersey City, and Brooklyn offer the extra storage you need and so much more. Our sparkling clean facility, convenient access, high-tech security, affordability, and flexibility are sure to put a spring in your step. Contact us to discover more about how we’ve reimagined today’s storage solutions for you.